Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Awesome God

Before I left Philadelphia after graduation, I had peace about my future and life post-graduation. God had worked out all the details for me to come back to Drexel and continue my studies. Every aspect was planned out...funding, advisors, research, a place to live. I was so thankful to the Lord for taking care of things. A couple of weeks ago, I spoke to my boss and she informed me of some changes that were occurring at work and school that would benefit me. After talking with my parents, praying about it and attending some meetings the past few days, I stand amazed at the faithfulness and sovereignty of my God. While I was content with the way I had left things in June, God has fine tuned His plans for me in the past month. He has created a better opportunity for me and rearranged the lives of others to bring it to pass. He's even put it in the hearts of unbelievers to be thinking of me and looking out for my good, which is just so awesome!

Trusting God for my future has always been a struggle for me. I'm a planner. I need to have details set in place and even a back-up plan so that there isn't a moment where I'm frozen in place and can't move forward in some way. Pursuing graduate studies is a whole new ball game for me, something I had never planned for. So it's been really cool to see God work things out and to see what He has in store. It's definitely better than what I had planned for myself. I'm just so amazed by the Lord and His goodness. My encouragement to all of you is to trust Him in every aspect of your life. I know it's hard to surrender our wills and our plans but you can rest in the security that we serve a faithful, sovereign, omnipotent God that only and always has your best interest at heart. Being content to allow our lives unfold from His hands brings much peace to our anxious and weary spirits and more importantly, much glory to His name. Like the hymnist says, "O for grace to trust Him more!"

Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. ~ Ephesians 3:20-21


No comments:

Post a Comment