Patience can seem:
Wonderful
Desired
Hated
Refused
Undesirable
Foolish
Loving
And a whole bunch of other things, I suppose. Many people say that, "Patience is a virtue," but who of us is really trying to be patient?
Here's what I know:
"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved — and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus," (Ephesians ch. 2, verses 4-6)
In Corinthians, Paul refers to love as being "Patient," among other things (1 Corinthians v. 4). In fact, Paul asserts that "Love is Patient."
If you can, in your mind, replace "great love," in the passage from Ephesians with "great patience." Here, then, we have an illustration of the love and, subsequently, the patience that God shows to us.
(Extrapolated from verse)
We were dead in our trespasses, but God, being rich in mercy, made us alive together with Christ.
(As it pertains to me)
I have sinned against God. I have disobeyed His commandments. I have done everything I could to disobey, even. But God, in His mercy, has washed me clean of my inquities, and drawn me to Him.
I must look to God when I seek to learn about patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment