Friday, July 30, 2010

Coincidences Don't Exist

So, I wanted to share this story with everyone because it is a good example of God in daily life...which is what this is all about!

Last night, I decided to go Israeli folk dancing at a synagogue near my house. I have gone to this particular venue before, but had not been for a while since I was not living at home until recently. It was about 11:00 pm. As I was walking across the parking lot to my car, this woman comes up randomly and asks me something in Hebrew.

Long story short, we got into a conversation immediately about the Lord (in English, I should specify). She asked me what synagogue I go to and it just took off from there. I was able to explain to her some of the reasons about why I think Yeshua is the Messiah. I told her that I believe that God is perfect, but none of us can ever be perfect. All other religions tell me that I have to do something to earn God's acceptance. Here's the problem - if God is perfect, then how can he accept imperfection without going against his own nature? So nothing I can do will get me to God. At this point, the woman seemed to actually get it. I think that despite her poor English, she really had never thought about it that way before. So I continued and explained that that is why we need a mediator - Yeshua.

Although our conversation ended there, she told me that she thought it was great that I have such a strong belief and a loving community to be a part of. And then she just walked off.

I have to say, I was not expecting to share with anyone that night, but I am so amazed that the Lord gave me that opportunity. I am also glad that I was bold in speaking to her, especially since it was obvious that she was a bit wary to be talking to a Messianic Jew. I hope and pray that the Lord used me to plant a seed in her heart that will result in her coming to know her Yeshua.

So my encouragement to you all, always be prepared to share your faith and be bold! You never know how the Lord will use you to soften someone's heart to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment